If you have walked by an optical shop, bought a pair of eyeglasses, or watched some advertisements about specs, then you probably have heard about the anti-reflective coating that can be put on eyeglasses. Well, if you are curious about this, then you have come to the right webpage! Here, we will share with you the important things you want to know about the anti-reflective coating. Make sure you also ask your eye doctor the Woodlands if you are planning to book an appointment. They will guide you on the benefits that anti-reflective coating gives to you and your eyes.
So, what is exactly an anti-reflective coating and how does it protect your eyes against radiation?
1. it effectively cuts light glare – anti-reflective coating, also known as non-glare coating, is a coating that is put and applied on your eyeglasses’ lenses in order to reduce the glare that reflects off the lenses and protects your eyes from the radiation coming from the environment, whether from the screen or sunlight. It also allows more light through, which provides you the ability to see clearer.
2. it has been proven to reduce eye strain – when less light passes through the lenses, the eyes adjust harder to see sharper. This causes the eyes to get strained especially when they do this oftentimes. Because your anti-reflective coating allows more light to sharper vision, seeing clearly will not be strenuous to your eyes when you wear your eyeglasses.
3. it has greatly evolved in the past years – antireflective coatings (AR) have improved by bounds and leaps in the past years, and this is not without some difficulties. Thanks to the improving technology, now it can be effectively worn without any drawbacks. Before, manufacturers need to peel and heat and redo the processes to obtain the antireflective coating on the lenses.
4. AR coatings are not made the same – there are different kinds of AR and they are varied to fit the specific wants and needs of people considering their eyes and their kind of lifestyles.
5. AR coatings are not similar to scratch coating – these two coatings serve two different functions. In fact, the older versions of AR coatings are very sensitive and soft that the lenses with AR can have more scratches than lenses without AR. Moreover, the scratch coat does not provide the same benefits that AR coats give.
6. AR coatings allow people to see your eyes clearly – in contrast to the uncoated lenses, AR coatings reduce glare and allow clean light to pass through the lenses. As a result, people are able to see your eyes beneath the lenses more clearly. When there is more glare that reflects on lenses, it can lead to difficulty in seeing your eyes beneath the lenses, which may inconvenienced you during photos ops.
There is still a lot to learn about AR coatings and we are glad that you now know the basics of how AR can help you a great deal! Follow our posts for more exciting content!